2012年12月29日星期六

Lots to celebrate! Brooke Burke-Charvet stocks up on champagne for New Year's Eve party after thyroid cancer surgery

Brooke Burke-Charvet has been brave and open about her battle with thyroid cancer; and the surgery she had to undergo to deal with the potentially devastated disease.
And the good news is, she's doing well... as these pictures prove.

The 41-year-old Dancing with the Stars host, supported by her handsome husband David Charvet, stepped out to stock up for New Year's Eve's revelry byshopping for beer, wine and champagne.
Looking good: Brooke Burke-Charvet stepped out with husband David Charvet on Thursday, it was her first outing since undergoing thyroid surgery
Looking good: Brooke Burke-Charvet stepped out with husband David Charvet on Thursday, it was her first outing since undergoing thyroid surgery
The brunette beauty wore a scarf to cover the scars on her neck from the procedure. 
On December 12, the mother-of-four revealed in blog that she was cancer-free following the surgery.

'The thyroid cancer has been removed from my body and all my lymph nodes are clear. So I’m hoping that this is the end of the story,' she wrote.
'Every day I'm feeling better and I'm looking forward to getting back to my usual routine, but with a bit of a different outlook.

'I've never been one to take life for granted and it sounds so cliché to say it, but this whole thyroid experience has given my family such a scare that it seems to have brought us all closer. And it's allowing us to ring in the New Year with a newfound respect for life.'
Preparing: The couple were stocking up alcohol for a New Year's Eve party; which is sure to be a double celebration
Preparing: The couple were stocking up alcohol for a New Year's Eve party; which is sure to be a double celebration

Covered up: Brooke looked as glamorous as ever, she covered up her surgery scars with a scarf
Covered up: Brooke looked as glamorous as ever, she covered up her surgery scars with a scarf
She also revealed that she was suffering from the cancer in a video posted on her blog.
And she wrote about the surgery: 'I'm getting ready this week for my surgery and am planning on a speedy recovery, what a crazy time, but I am surrounded with love and support and that really makes a world of difference.'
She added in her blog - which is on the Modern Moms website - 'Thank you for following me and for all your thoughts and prayers. I feel it, truly, and your energy outweighs my stress!'
The mother-of four, who has recently completed hosting duties on the first all-star season of Dancing with The Stars, first announced news of her illness on November 8 via video saying she was 'ready to deal' with the disease.
'I'm going to be a good patient and do everything I'm supposed to do,' the Dancing With The Stars host insisted in the video.
'Now I'm good and I'm ready to deal with it and I'm going to be fine,' she said. 'I feel really, really strong. Doctors say that this is a "good kind of cancer to have."
'That sounds so crazy. But my doctor did tell me that this is a happily ever after ending kind of thing.


没有评论:

发表评论